Are you thinking about selling your home this year? You may want to consider home staging while preparing to list. Home staging is an important step in the selling process that can help make your house more attractive to potential buyers. Here are ten home staging tips that can help make your house more appealing and get it sold quickly:
- Deep clean - Before showing your house, give it a thorough deep clean. Pay special attention to details such as windows, floors and the kitchen and bathroom. You want the entire space to sparkle and shine!
- De-clutter and depersonalize - Decluttering is key when staging your home for sale. Get rid of excess furniture, knick-knacks and other personal items that could distract potential buyers from seeing its full potential.
- Add curb appeal - A fresh coat of paint on the exterior of your home will draw people in even before they walk through the door. Simple touches like adding potted plants or flowers near the entrance can also create a great first impression.
- Maximize light – Make sure all curtains are open and lights are turned on during showings so that each room looks bright and inviting.
- Pay attention to small details – Small details such as changing out outdated light fixtures or door handles can add a lot of value in the eyes of potential buyers without breaking the bank.
- Create space - Rearranging furniture can do wonders for creating a spacious atmosphere in a room if it appears cramped or cluttered. It’s best to keep things simple so buyers can see how much space they have to work with when they envision their own possessions in the house.
- Add pops of color – Adding neutral tones such as gray or white can give off a modern feel while soft blues, purples or greens will create a cozy atmosphere throughout your home when used sparingly as accents throughout rooms such as living areas, bedrooms or bathrooms.
- Make sure appliances look new - Cleaning out any grime inside ovens, under sinks or behind refrigerators is essential when staging a home for sale since this type of detail could distract buyers who might think there's larger maintenance needed than actually is necessary.
- Highlight outdoor amenities – If you have outdoor features like patios, decks or gardens showcase them by positioning furniture outdoors so people can envision themselves enjoying these spaces during their time living there.
- Brighten up bathrooms – The bathroom is one area that needs extra care when preparing for showings since most people tend not to spend time remodeling them unless absolutely necessary upon moving in. Neutral colors make this space appear larger while subtle accents like decorative towels will give it some character.
I offer a complimentary home staging consultation with every listing. If you are considering selling your home this year, feel free to get in touch & let’s chat.
Blake Cole & Associates Real Estate Team
Royal LePage Sussex